Select your area

show areas

hide areas

Emergency Help & Advice

Cost of Living Support

Cost of Living Support

Are you currently struggling with the cost of living? Is the forthcoming energy price hike weighing heavily on your mind, are you worried on what are you going to do during these times?

It is also better to speak to the companies if you are having financial difficulties whilst paying any of the essential bills such as rent, power, water. They should be able to advise you on the best way forward.

The following link can offer support to grants and vouchers and advice should you need support.  Also, within Impact Pathways there other agencies that you may also find useful so please browse.

Agency Support

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice assists people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other problems. It provides information on what help you may be able to get from the government or your local council to afford essentials like food and bills.

You can either go to a local Citizens Advice office or talk to advisers online, Monday to Friday.

The national phone service open 9-5pm Monday to Friday: 0800 144 8848

Get help with the cost of living - Citizens Advice

Coping With The Cost Of Living. Debt Advice. StepChange

Emergency Help If You Have No Money Or Food. StepChange

Money Advice Network - Money Helper

Budget Planner | Free online budget planning tool | MoneyHelper

Money and mental health - Mind

Fighting UK Poverty - Turn2us

Utility Bill Support

Help with paying your bill | Help when you need it | My Account | Severn Trent Water (

Is your household income below £18,278?

If yes, then Big Difference Scheme can offer a reduction of water bills up to 90%.

We'll assess your household income, and let you know how big a reduction you could get. Households with child dependants may be eligible for an additional income allowance in excess of this amount.

If your application is successful, you'll get a new payment plan, designed especially for you, which will include payments towards any debt on your account.

All you'll need to do is provide evidence of your household income which could include:

Payslips from within the last 3 months

Benefit award letters from the Department for Work and Pensions

Severn Trent Trust Fund | Help with paying your bill | Help when you need it | My Account | Severn Trent Water (

The Severn Trent Trust Fund was set up in 1997. It's an independent charity that we donate money to every year.

The Trust Fund is a registered charity that provides help to customers who are unable to pay their bill.

The fund can help with:

  • water and sewerage charges if you are in hardship and unable to pay
  • charges which collected other companies on behalf of Severn Trent
  • other essential bills, household needs or priority debts

Eligibility for the Financial Hardship Fund

To get help from the fund, you must:

  • have valid Severn Trent account number
  • be in debt on your account, with no way to pay it back
  • have experienced exceptional circumstances that stop you paying your bill Applying for the Financial Hardship Fund
  • You can apply for Financial Hardship Fund (Severn Trent Trust Fund) online, or call 0121 355 7766 and they'll post a paper form to you.
  • When you apply, you'll need to provide evidence of your household income.
  • You'll also need to explain the circumstances that are preventing you from being able to pay.
  • Documents you can use as evidence include:
  • payslips
  • benefits award letters
  • bank statements
  • The Severn Trent Trust Fund are unable to return the documents, so please only include copies.

Help if you're struggling to pay for your energy (

British Gas Energy Trust - Independent advice and support - British Gas

Financial support and energy advice

If you are facing bills that you can’t afford and struggling with the rising cost of energy, The British Gas Energy Trust is here to help. They are an independent charitable trust1 set up to support families and individuals facing financial hardship and energy debt across England, Wales and Scotland.

The rising cost of living means more people are experiencing financial difficulty for the first time. If you’re worried about money and energy debt and don’t know where to turn, read on to understand what support is available.

The UK’s biggest ever energy support package

At British Gas we know we need to do more to help. That's why we're giving £25 million to the British Gas Energy Trust to help more customers get the help they need through the energy crisis.

Grants Available - British Gas Energy Trust

Scottish Power Affordability | Gas and Electricity Company | ScottishPower

  • Affordability Team: We have a dedicated team who are specially trained to support customers who are experiencing affordability issues. They will do all they can to offer help and support if you need it. Call 0800 027 0072 to find out more. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm and Saturday 8.30am – 1pm.


Support from your local Council

Cost of living support | Birmingham City Council

Warm Spaces - Birmingham City Council 

Birmingham Warm Welcome Spaces | Birmingham Warm Welcome Spaces | Birmingham City Council

Cost of living and wellbeing support – Coventry City Council

Cost of Living | Dudley Council

Cost of Living Help | Sandwell Council

Warm Spaces - Sandwell Council

Wednesbury: Wednesbury Library, Walsall Street WS10 9EH,

Tipton: Tipton Library, 17 unity Walk, Tipton Dy4 8Q

West Brom: Central Library, High Street, West Brom B70 8DZ

Oldbury: Oldbury Library, Sandwell Council House, Freeth Street, Oldbury, B69 3DB

Smethwick: Smethwick Library, High Street, Smethwick, B66 1AA

Rowley: Blackheath Library, 45 High Street, Rowley Regis, B65 0EA

If you need help with our rent or are in financial crisis (

Cost of Living Payments (

Help with the cost of living (

Cost of living support | City Of Wolverhampton Council

support services Map

Enter your details below to find the nearest Pathway provider

search for support services

Use the options below to search

News Updates

More news